PALCON OPS 101
(Open Play Survival)
"The only one that has the right to destroy you.... should be you"
This guide is a very simple "How-to" checklist for new commanders to help them traverse the galaxy with a bit more confidence. Every pirate and ganker in Elite will all agree that escape from attack is almost always possible given you keep a cool head and follow some basic guidelines.
PREPARATION: Before leaving the station:
- Ensure you have at least one Heat Sink in your utility slot
- Fuel up
- Have enough credits to afford 2 rebuys of your current ship
- Scoop at every star to stay 'topped off'
- Be aware of other commanders in your vicinity
- Always have another system 'targeted'
- Immediately set throttle to zero to submit
- Once submitted, Engage 'Silent Running'
- Turn FA off
- Set throttle to max
- Drop a heat sink to maintain less than 10% heat
- Roll ship so as to not fly in a straight line
- Repeat 6-8 until FSD cooldown is completed, charge FSD to jump
- Continue 6-8 until you jump